Re: scan update & correction

From: Vitaliy Fadeyev (VAFadeyev@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 19:05:51 PST

    Rachel,

    to be sure that we are on the same page, the missing SNe are:
    LOKI, SEDNA, VILAS, CONNORS, PHIDIPPIDES, ELVIS.

    We say the GOODs transients info, but I was confused by
    the figure labels ("template" and "detection" in my opinion
    should've been reversed in some figures).

    I could not easily figure out how to look at the data
    you've downloaded to /autofs/astro80/deep2/ . The file names
    seem to use a different notation from that in the GOODs data
    release map. If you can tell me how to select a "tile",
    I'd be happy to look myself.

    Cheers,
    vitaliy

    "Rachel G." wrote:

    > Hi Gerson & Vitaliy,
    >
    > According to the GOODS transient page these were rising
    > events (although, the figure they show give an opposite
    > picture). We should make sure the subtractions (Feb search)
    > show Sedna. This is a clear event with an IAU designation
    > (2003ba). Loki on the other hand, does not - if what the
    > figures shown on the web page is correct, there ain't much
    > there. Have you gone straight to where the events should be
    > to look for them?
    >
    > Nevermind, I just looked, and Sedna *is* there, possibly
    > below the cuts. Rob will fiddle with that. This is why
    > we're testing. As for the second one you mention Loki.
    > I'll have a look at that one too.
    >
    > Ciao,
    >
    > Rachel
    >
    > On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Gerson Goldhaber wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > > Vitaly noticed that 3 of the missing SNe were actually found.
    > > adam03-026 is RAVEN this is a hostless event
    > > -012 is Anguta hostless
    > > -027 is Qiqirn Not listed as found through my mistake
    > > All these co-ords agreed to a few seconds.
    > >
    > > This means we found 11 SNe and missed 6 SNe. We will have to figure out
    > > how to handle the hostless ones.
    > > We have only compared to INCREASIND SNe. Is it possible that LOKI and
    > > SEDNA ar actually decrasing???
    > > cheers Gerson & Vitaly

     Vitaliy Fadeyev
     SCP group at LBNL