Re: scan update & correction

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 19:10:00 PST

    On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 07:05:51PM -0800, Vitaliy Fadeyev wrote:

    > Rachel,
    >
    > to be sure that we are on the same page, the missing SNe are:
    > LOKI, SEDNA, VILAS, CONNORS, PHIDIPPIDES, ELVIS.

    We looked and found SEDNA.

    It didn't pass the %INC cut. The reason was that the subtraction
    software was using a too-big aperture, and the HUGE nucleus of that
    galaxy 4 pixels away just barely slipped into it.

    I've fixed the subtraction software to use a more reasonable aperture,
    and will re-subtract everything. SEDNA is nicely found after doing
    that. Yes, everybody, you will have another opportunity to scan
    everything. I'll try to get the I-band subtracted too. More info will
    be availble tomorrow morning.

    > I could not easily figure out how to look at the data
    > you've downloaded to /autofs/astro80/deep2/ . The file names
    > seem to use a different notation from that in the GOODs data
    > release map. If you can tell me how to select a "tile",
    > I'd be happy to look myself.

    Don't look in /home/astro80/deep2. Tony was wrong; that's not where
    Rachel downloaded data. What that is is the local image cache for the
    database! Rachel's downloaded big GOODS mosaics are somewhere else.