SN candidate checklist

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 18:53:00 PST

    Here the checklist we worked out at today's (Tuesday) phone meeting. I
    will put it on the WIKI as soon as I get a chance to play with that
    (but if someone else wants to do that, that is fine with me) -Tony

    Checklist for SN candidates:

    1. Do we see the candidate with same counts on each image in the coadd?
      Does the morphology look good on each?
    If we reject any of the co-added images, what would be the improved
    magnitude?

    2. Is it also on the second color (F775W - i) image? What is i band
    estimated magnitude?

    3. Subaru - is it on the Subaru Mar 16 z' or i' image? what is the mag
    in the Subaru subtraction?

    4. SN colors - what can we say from the observed colors? is it an AGN?

    5. Coordinates for photo-z: what are best estimates of the coordinates
    for both SN and host galaxy? If there are other galaxies nearby
    (within radius?) also provide them for photo-z.

    6. Photo-z: What do we have from B. Mobasher? a) his estimated
    photo-z probability distribution. b) what can he tell us about host
    colors or type?

    7. Are our colors consistent with this z, from Ariel's curves? could
    it be a type II?

    8. Was it seen in ACS GOODS-03 as an AGN?

    9. Where do we estimate it to be on the lightcurve? what would the
    followup data look like for the various scenarios?

    10. Grism - can the SN spectrum be cleanly separated? what is the
    optimal orientation?

    11. Guide stars - are they available for the NICMOS pointing? grism
    orientation?

    12. Optimal location for followup: Plot all top candidates and see how
    many can fit on a followup frame. Will grism orients work for multiple
    candidates?