Re: SN 1999Q lightcurve

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 10:09:13 PST

    Hi Serena,

    I will be Hawaii this next week and will see what more John Tonry is
    willing to tell me privately concerning 99Q. I am hoping he will be
    willing to show me a lightcurve and tell me the date of maximum that they
    found. That way I will know whether they have many more lightcurve points
    than we have now collected, and whether their date of maximum should be
    trusted or not. What other information (short of their data points, which
    John is unlikely to provide - although I'll ask if he seems open to that)
    should I try to find out?

    Cheers,

    Greg

    P.S. Vitaliy and I wondered whether by shifting the date of max for 99Q
         would it then become brighter and thus less of an outlier on the
         I-band Hubble diagram?