Re: Two thoughts:

From: Marek Kowalski (MPKowalski@lbl.gov)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 10:06:35 PDT

    Saul Perlmutter wrote:

    > Hi over there! Two thoughts:
    > 1) Have you guys had a chance to check to see if the coordinates that
    > Mobasher gave for the 0.48 galaxy might be consistant with the very
    > small galaxy just to the left of our candidate (a few times further
    > away than the distance between the two nucleii of our candidate's host?

    Hi Saul,

    indeed, the coordinates for the high z candidate are about as consistent
    with that small galaxy as they are with our candidate host. The other
    coordinates are far off. So the situdation is unclear. I have attached a
    snapshot of the field with Mobashers proposed coordinaes included: the
    lower left circle is supposingly the high z galaxy, while the upper is
    the low z one.

    Marek

    > 2) Before we talk on the conference call, we probably want to be
    > check again the few marginal candidates with about the right magnitude
    > for z = 1.2 -- 1.7 (perhaps ask Mobasher for a quick-and-dirty
    > redshift?), just because we have so few candidates this time compared
    > to last time -- and we would like to be sure that any good candidates
    > that we consider following are on our list as well as theirs.

    acs04c-014.gif