Re: Two thoughts:

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 09:47:45 PDT

    On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 09:44:21AM -0700, Saul Perlmutter wrote:
    > 1) Have you guys had a chance to check to see if the coordinates that
    > Mobasher gave for the 0.48 galaxy might be consistant with the very
    > small galaxy just to the left of our candidate (a few times further away
    > than the distance between the two nucleii of our candidate's host?

    No. Mobasher's latest response wasn't too clear. I figure that for
    this one, we can see what Adam's got, because he and Mobasher talked in
    person and could make sure they were talking about the same object. If
    Mobasher is on the phone, then, we can push him to make sure we've got
    the right object.

    > 2) Before we talk on the conference call, we probably want to be check
    > again the few marginal candidates with about the right magnitude for z =
    > 1.2 -- 1.7 (perhaps ask Mobasher for a quick-and-dirty redshift?), just
    > because we have so few candidates this time compared to last time -- and
    > we would like to be sure that any good candidates that we consider
    > following are on our list as well as theirs.

    We're working on confirming things.

    We went through everything, and the junk really is junk.

    -Rob