SCanning and such update

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 13:11:53 PDT

    Current status (as of Saturday afternoon):

      Rachel and I are about to go offline for the rest of the day. Sleep
      is needed....

      There will be no new fields to scan before tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon
      at the earliest. There are only three left that haven't yet been
      done. Most of what's in there has been scanned already.

      The main thing people should do now is go through the saved
      candidates, get I-band magnitudes if possible, and check to see if
      they are on the April subtractions.

      DO NOT SAVE CANDIDATES FOUND ON THE I-BAND OR IN APRIL. Those
      subtractions exist ONLY for confirming ones found in Z-band May. If
      you save "new" candidates from those other subtractions, you will be
      creating a huge headache.

      I-band subtractions can be found on the MaySubtractionsIBand Wiki
      page (off of the main ACS2004 Wiki page, down in "May Search
      Specifics").

      April subtractions can be found in the AprilSubtractionsForMay Wiki
      page (just below MaySubtractionsIBand).

      There is no point to stay up all night tonight. Do what can be done
      right now to get the I-band and April information about the
      candidates that have been saved.

      We will update you as more subtractions come in for scanning
      tomorrow (Sunday) early afternoon.

    -Rachel & Rob