Re: SCanning and such update

From: Vitaliy Fadeyev (VAFadeyev@lbl.gov)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 17:04:52 PDT

    Robert A. Knop Jr. wrote:

    > The main thing people should do now is go through the saved
    > candidates, get I-band magnitudes if possible, and check to see if
    > they are on the April subtractions.

    I looked up the I-band information. Most candidates fall into one of the
    3 cathegories:
    a) clear signal, b) no signal or fluctuation, c) there is a CR in that
    place. Could not really
    conclude anything about candidates # 0 and 1. They are on subtractions
    |acs04maysub-i/norm01i,
    |for which the "new" images looks exactly the same as the subtraction in
    the tiles.
    The "global" images for the new and the subtraction are very similar as
    well, with
    the subtraction showing slightly less flux than the new. It seems that
    the reference
    image calibration is off (scaled down). Therefore I cannot trust the
    information for
    these candidate.

    vitaliy