The questions that we were actually wondering....Re: ground + HST i' lightcurves

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 16:35:04 PST

    Actually, we were interested in the answers to somewhat different
    questions that came from this following email:

    Robert A. Knop Jr. wrote:

    >Here's a faster way to do it.
    >
    >Use the simplehstltcv software to make ACS lightcurves.

    Question #1: Did you mean to imply that one could actually use
    simplehstltcv quickly (i.e. that it works with the new database?) or
    were you suggesting that we load all the data also into the old database
    and then run simplehstltcv?

    >Find the appropriate position on the Subaru images (new and old of which
    >will be loaded into the database as I finish with them tonight), and
    >plop down apertures by hand, once on the recent, once on the old Subaru
    >images. Subtract the photometry. (You can do a transformation from the
    >ACS images if you want accurate positions.) (Imview supports plopping
    >down apertures by hand now; that's what Vitaily was using earlier to
    >look at individual images.)

    Question #2: This paragraph seems to suggest that Subaru images will be
    loaded into the *new* database, and that Imview will then work on them.
    Presumably, the concept is that estimating the appropriate position for
    the SN will be good enough. And presumably Imview does something about
    the different seeing on the different nights.