Re: The questions that we were actually wondering....Re: ground + HST i' lightcurves

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 16:39:38 PST

    On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 04:35:04PM -0800, Saul Perlmutter wrote:
    > >Use the simplehstltcv software to make ACS lightcurves.
    > >
    > Question #1: Did you mean to imply that one could actually use
    > simplehstltcv quickly (i.e. that it works with the new database?) or
    > were you suggesting that we load all the data also into the old database
    > and then run simplehstltcv?

    It does not work right now.

    > Question #2: This paragraph seems to suggest that Subaru images will be
    > loaded into the *new* database, and that Imview will then work on them.
    > Presumably, the concept is that estimating the appropriate position for
    > the SN will be good enough. And presumably Imview does something about
    > the different seeing on the different nights.

    Very, very, very soon they will be loaded in. I will E-mail about it
    once I get a chance.

    The concept is that people are able to look at images and see patterns
    of objects and figure out what object is what and get a basic idea of
    what is going on. At least, I am assuming that this is an option.

    No, Imview doesn't do a damn thing about different seeing on different
    nights. ONe of these days, yes, I will have implemented all the
    infrastructure so that every damn thing is done for every damn body and
    you'll have a fully user friendly package to do everything you might
    want to do. In the mean time, I'm just afraid you're going to have to
    fake it like every other scientist in the world and make the best
    estimate you can with the tools you have available.

    There *WILL* be better information about this, but I need to be LEFT
    ALONE so it can happen.

    Tomorrow I will send out more information about how you can transform
    coordaintes (x,y) on one image to (x,y) on another image.