Re: Suprime-Cam z-band included updated

From: Gerson Goldhaber (g_goldhaber@lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 15:44:20 PST

    Dec 8 update.

    Hi All,
            I have fitted all i' and z' data jointly. I will concentrate only on
    SNe with measured z. Also mainly on z>0.8.
    I have 3 seperate Hubble curve fits.
    1. U-band hubble plot. for z > 0.8 I show a fully corrected plot (in
    green). As the colors in the U-band, even after correcting for intrinsic
    U-B color, are mainly negative these data have a large scatter (no prior
    ). Alfa and Ru determined from complete Jha data set for z>0.01. See Fig
    4 on Dec 6.

    2. Also U-band hubble plot. for z > 0.8 but the (Jha) calibration made
    for low extinction U-band data set (this looses 6 Jha SNe in the fit).
    The Subaru data ( with no large extinction cases excluded) is now
    plotted with the stretch correction only (in red). Alfa also determined
    from the fit to this Jha data. See Fig 4 on Dec 6.

    3. B-band Hubble plot. For all z values. Here I used the B-values from
    the k_corrected (Rollin) U and B joint fits (in blue). Again with no
    extinction correction. The 0.4 < z < 0.8 data is from a B and V fit (in
    red), here 3 SNe with B-V > 0.1 were excluded, all starting from the
    k-corrected i' and z' Naoki data. For calibration I used the low
    extinction Jha B-band data set. See Fig 19 on Dec 8.

    All points are compared with the Omega_M = 0.3 flat universe curve. The
    Omega_M = 1. curve is shown dotted. See Dec 6 and 8 figures on the
    Berkeley Twiki.

    --
    Gerson Goldhaber
    LBNL MS 50R2008