[Fwd: Release of APT 14.0 for HST Cycle 14 Phase I]

From: Saul Perlmutter (S_Perlmutter@lbl.gov)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 11:59:17 PST

    Hi SCP'ers: Note the fourth paragraph of this announcement -- this
    two-gyro mode is a very important new restriction on observing
    capabilities of HST, which will particularly effect what we can do with
    supernovae. We'll have to read this website very carefully to figure
    out what observing might still be possible. Regards, --Saul

    attached mail follows:

    The Space Telescope Science Institute is pleased to announce the release of
    APT 14.0 and its associated documentation. This is the version of APT that
    needs to be used to support HST Cycle 14 Phase I submissions.

    The Cycle 14 Call for Proposals and Science Justification Templates can be
    found on the Cycle 14 announcement website at:
            http://www.stsci.edu/hst/proposing/docs/cycle14announce

    Please remember the HST Cycle 14 Phase I Deadline is 8:00pm EST on January
    21, 2005.

    We would like to call to your attention the Two-Gyro Website at
    http://www.stsci.edu/hst/HST_overview/TwoGyroMode which contains critical
    information about submitting your Phase I proposals for Cycle 14.

    APT can be downloaded from our APT website at http://apt.stsci.edu or from
    the ECF mirror site at:
            http://www.stecf.org/observing/tools/APT/installers/install.htm
    the mirror site should be up and running on Monday.

    Highlights of the major changes to APT can be seen from within
    APT by clicking on the What's New button (or at http://apt.stsci.edu/phase1/).
    There are short training movies available (http://apt.stsci.edu/help/) on the
    basics of using APT (the GUI interface and entering information) and on
    processing the observations to check on 2-gyro (and 3-gyro) schedulability.

    If you encounter any problems during installation or the use of APT, please
    send us an email to our help desk at help@stsci.edu.