Re: new version of the Iband paper

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 14:55:52 PDT

    Hi Serena,

    We discussed your new version briefly today. People really hadn't yet
    had a chance to read it carefully, but said they would do so by next
    Tuesday.

    Two quick comments are that a) the following sentence, which was added
    to sec 4.3, has typos.
    "... However, we it is shwon
    in all the plots for the sake of completeness, and because of the
    prospective interest of its optical properties, as it will appear
    clear in the following sections. "

    b) the caption for Fig 14 needs to be updated 99Q is now shown as a
    point, not indicated by a line.

    Regarding acknowledgments, Chris's email of 8/24 stated:
      ...I do not think there is a need to thank ESO personnel in this
    case, as this was a small program that was quickly executed.

      However, we need to mention the ESO program ID. Please include the
    following sentence as a footnote to the title.

    Based in part on observations taken at the European Southern Observatory
    using the ESO Very Large Telescope on Cerro Paranal (ESO Program
    265.A-5721(A)).
    ----------

    Regarding LBL, please add in the acknowledgment paragraph at the end:

    This work was supported in part by the Director, Office of Science,
    Office of High Energy and Nuclear Physics, of the U.S. Department of
    Energy under Contract No. DE-AC03-76SF00098. Support for this work was
    provided by NASA through grant HST-GO-08346.01-A from the Space
    Telescope Science Institute, which is operated by the Association of
    Universities for Research in Astronomy, Inc., under NASA contract NAS
    5-26555.

    (Since we're not presenting HST data here, please do NOT add the
    footnote referring to HST data that I requested in my 9/1 e-mail.
    Like we did for the VLT paper, we're citing work done in association
    with an HST program, but not presenting HST data data here, so just the
    acknowledgment paragraph is appropriate.)

    Finally, please add R. C. Thomas to the author list (affiliation LBNL).
    He has now been working on SCP for over a year.

    Thanks,
    -Tony