Re: Comments on July21 draft of I-band Hubble diagram paper.

From: Serena Nobili (serena@lpnhep.in2p3.fr)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 08:39:05 PDT

    Hello Saul (cc Chris),

    thanks for your comments. I have one small concern about the sentence
    (p.10):

    "However, an extra term has been added to the usual formula,
    in order to take into account the appropriate transformation between
    IR and optical photometric systems. The $K$-correction between filter
    $x$ and $y$ is given by $K'_{xy} = K_{xy} - (x-y),$ where $(x-y)$ is
    the color of Vega and $K_{xy}$ as defined in Kim et al (1996)."

    I added this upon request by Chris, but as I understand from you, this was
    already in the original paper by Alex (I am sorry for not having checked
    this carefully). I would like to make sure you both agree on this
    point before I delete the sentence from the paper.

    On a different issue, I wrote to Brian and asked about how to phrase the
    private communication. I am changing the paper accordingly ( I will
    forward the email to you):

    "We found differences with the results published in \citet{tonry}, due to
    the use of an incorrect filter in those calculations, however, the
    $K$-corrections calculated as part of the MLCS Distance fits to this
    object were done with the correct filter (Brian Schmidt, private
    communication)."

    Cheers,

           Serena

    --