Re: 99q in the I-band paper

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 03:56:43 PDT

    Hi Serena,

    I have two quick thoughts (all that 4km altitude allows!) which you or
    others in the group might consider looking into.

    First, have we plotted our SNminuit B-V color curve for 99Q compared to
    that given in Riess' paper? Do we agree?

    Second, 99Q is supposedly a Ia, and its redshift was determined by
    cross-correlation with a Ia spectrum as no host galaxy spectrum was
    obtained; we have not seen the spectrum so we can not challenge this
    classification but it might be good to know whether the colors are more
    consistent with a Ib/c. Perhaps Lifan or Peter could comment on
    whether this is a credible possibility.

    Aloha,

    Greg