Re: K-corrections: another voice in the debate

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 11:05:28 PST

    On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:00:15AM -0800, Alex Conley wrote:
    > I'm glad that we went through this exercise. I've been using your
    > K-corrections as a sytematic check against Rob's in my own work, and I was
    > really starting to suspect that I was using them incorrectly somehow,
    > since the difference in the B K-corr was much larger than I expected.

    ...well, mine shouldn't be *too* far off in I. I think that the
    differences are ca. 0.05 between mine and Serena's, which sounds
    plausible to me.

    If Lifan is off by more than that, then there's your tiebreaker.

    I think the worry is, though, that for the I-band there are specific
    features that make a bigger difference-- and perhaps the spectra Peter
    chose to build his original uberspectra didn't have "typical" enough
    features.