Re: K-corrections: another voice in the debate

From: Alex Conley (aconley@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 11:00:15 PST

    I guess that's the explanation. It isn't quite as satisfying as we were
    hoping for, but it does tell you what to do in each particular case. We
    just have to make sure to not try and use B-I for anything!

    I'm glad that we went through this exercise. I've been using your
    K-corrections as a sytematic check against Rob's in my own work, and I was
    really starting to suspect that I was using them incorrectly somehow,
    since the difference in the B K-corr was much larger than I expected.

    Of course, this means that we still haven't really added much to the
    debate with Lifan. Since we now know that Rob's uberspectra can't be
    trusted in I, we are back to two sets of corrections (Lifan's and yours)
    that disagree, without a tie-breaker to help settle the issue.

    Alex