Re: Mobasher's photo-z's

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 20:27:46 PDT

    On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 08:25:15PM -0700, Saul Perlmutter wrote:
    > Hmm... As we suspected from the magnitudes, this looks like a rather
    > low-redshift bunch! I'm disappointed that -011 didn't turn out to be
    > higher redshift (at least z ~ 1.2), although I guess the photo-z is
    > uncertain enough that it's just possible that it is.

    Supernova colors and magnitudes are much more consistent with z=1.2 for
    acs04b-011 than they are for anything at z=0.9. (Even a Ia at -8 days
    rest frame at z=0.9, which would have the right z, would be bluer than
    that.)

    > And it looks like we only have two more tiles left to search. If this
    > is all we have, then perhaps we should at least request the photo-z's
    > for a couple of the unlikely ones, like -002, just for completeness.
    > That way, if we by any chance resuscitate them, we won't have to ask
    > Bahram for photo-z's in a big rush. Any other examples in this
    > category? (No rush, since we probably want to wait for the last few
    > tiles to be completed first, in any case.)

    Rachel and I are in the middle of cleaning up a couple of those that had
    I-band problems. If we can do this tomorrow morning (I predict that
    Mobasher isn't going to do stuff over night anyway), we will have a
    better sense of what is what.

    Most everything down in the priority=1 list has a really low %INC, and
    isn't something we're going to want to follow. We might do better by
    asking for more detailed work on some of the prio 3's?