Re: HST search meeting Thurs 12:30-1:30

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 16:13:51 PDT

    On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 04:08:23PM -0700, Alexander Conley wrote:
    > acsapr-test/13z works for me. So the problem seems to be when files
    > are copied over from brahms, which does bad things on the Enterprise
    > machines. I'm not sure if this only occurs for the mask files or for
    > all files, but it merits further investigation. But unless it's
    > something fairly simple, since I have no idea how your code works or
    > what it is trying to do, I guess we just won't be able to scan on any
    > of the Enterprise machines for this search.

    I will look into it if I get a chance, but I know that I've installed
    this code in three different places and had it work in all of them. As
    such, this is almost certainly some local problem out there, and I
    hesitate to commit to getting involved with it.

    For the time being, let's assume that one can scan only on
    non-Enterprise machines in Berkeley. Also, you need a machine with 1GB
    to scan.