Re: next steps for HST search

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 06:17:24 PDT

    On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:42:17PM -0700, Tony Spadafora wrote:
    > Maybe Rob and Saul can propose a dissemination plan - we can try to
    > have conference call if needed, or do it by e-mail.
    > When the dust settles, I'm sure we'll want to have a post-mortem - but
    > that can wait.

    Here's my proposal.

    (1) Put up a public page with *all* candidates that we think are real.
        RA, Dec, magnitude, %INC, Ap. Sig, and three little postage stamps.

    (2) Rachel writes an IAU circular and we put that out in the next day or
        two with all candidates. I'll help her get the information
        collated. Since she was the one who led and did the bulk of the
        planning for how we would follow these guys, as well as nearly
        single-handedly doing all the work necessary for getting the images
        to the shape where we could subtract and scan them (to which she
        also contributed), I think it appropriate that she be the first
        author on it.

        We will have to coordinate this with Adam, but I want to propose
        that Rachel be the first author on IAU circiulars for the April and
        July searches, and that Adam (or whoever he wants from his team) do
        it for the May and August searches.