ac04-181

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 05:16:06 PDT

    Hey Adam--

    Still up for a call at 9 your time.

    Of the candidates we had and you didn't, one of them is one that we
    think looks potentially very good-- one of our favorite two (along with
    one that you had also found, Z something). Magnitude about 25, largeish
    %INC, on the rise based on Subaru, I-Z about 0.75. I've put up some
    comparison postage stamps (and postcards) of this candidate at:

      http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/temp/acs04-181.html

    The candidate is something like 0.6-0.7 pixels off the host; it's hard
    to tell that from the postage stamp, but it is clear if you blink the
    ref and the sub. Bahrum tells us this is an Sa or a Sb, and the
    redshift sounds promising.