Re: NOTE -- wrong magnitudes on individual images

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 10:29:11 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:02:48AM -0700, Vitaliy Fadeyev wrote:

    > That's not so great. The individual magnitudes may have entered in
    > my decision-making in some cases. Granted those cases were doubtful
    > to start with.

    In any event, you should not have thrown out a candidate because all the
    individual magnitudes were consistent with each other and different from
    the subtraction magnitude. If you saw a case where that happens, and
    the individual magnitudes were *dimmer*, it indicates that something is
    wrong, not that it's a bad candidate. (That's how Rachel and I found
    the bug in the first place.)

    The only thing about those magnitudes that should affect whether or not
    a candidate is a good one is if the individual images are *consistent*
    with each other. Which this bug does not affect, anyway.