CRs / SNtrak / minimum energy

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 16:04:37 PDT

    Is it possible for someone to start lowering the priorities in SNtrak
    for objects listed on the Wiki as CR's? The priorities should be set to
    -1 for definite CRs. This is necessary for SNtrak to continue to be
    useful for focusing attention on the best candidates (unless we are
    abandoning SNtrak in favor of the WIKI). Likwise, the priority and/or
    quality for likely or certain candidates should be raised at least to 3 and
    4, respectively (relative to the default of 2).

    Let me also remind people that Adam has an HST ISR which discusses the
    number of photoelectrons deposited by CRs. There is a minimum
    deposition, from which we once calculate that any CR will deposit
    enough e- such that it will be as bright or brighter than a SN Ia at
    z ~ 1.2 at maximum. This might prove useful in judging some tough cases.

    Finally, in reading the WIKI notes, I'm baffled by the number of cases
    where a single CR has made it into the sum. It doesn't seem like this
    should never happen for the above minimum deposition and the depth of
    these images.

    - Greg