Re: CRs / SNtrak / minimum energy

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 16:21:27 PDT

    On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:04:37PM -0700, Greg Aldering wrote:
    > Finally, in reading the WIKI notes, I'm baffled by the number of cases
    > where a single CR has made it into the sum. It doesn't seem like this
    > should never happen for the above minimum deposition and the depth of
    > these images.

    Please see NoteOnCRCoincidences, linked from the ACS2004 Wiki page.
    (Here's a direct link:

    http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/cgi-bin/scp-twiki/view/ACS2004/NoteOnCRCoincidences

    ).

    I think that some of the commenters are listing things as lone CRs that
    aren't really lone CRs. Take a look at several of these cases yourself
    to see if you would agree that they are really "lone" CRs.