Re: your question

From: Rachel G. (gibbo@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 12:18:09 PST

    Hi Ariel,

        The ACS conversions look good. However, there are some
    differences (1% in most cases). Mine come from passing
    Rob's spectroscopic templates through "synphot". Do we have
    the same response curve information? Not suprizingly, the
    largest offset is seen for the widest band, F110W, which has
    a rather ugly profile. Of course, this won't affect the ACS
    search in any way, but let's compare at some point.

        The conversions I have compared to yours are the following :

                               synphot:
     I775AB = I775Vega + 0.40 -> 0.414
     Z850AB = Z850Vega + 0.56 -> 0.550
     J110AB = J110Vega + 0.71 -> 0.764
     H160AB = H160Vega + 1.34 -> 1.352

        Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you mind
    adding to the right side of your plots the AB magnitude
    scale?

    Rachel