photo-z

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 00:00:38 PST

    Hi all,
    Thomas Dahlen got back to me on the issue of photo-z's. Apparently,
    Bahram Mobasher wants to follow the same procedure aw he did with
    Adam in the past, i.e. he provides us with photo-z's for the galaxies
    around the coordinates we send him. It seems not to be just a question
    of 'paranoia', i.e. that they don't want to hand us what the catalogue,
    but rather that they think they can do better 'by hand'
    than what the automatic software has produced and is currenly in the
    preliminary catalogue. Thus, we get more robust photo-z's at the expens
    of having to deal with them on a candidate by candidate basis.

    In conclusion, we need to talk to him about the practicalities. How do
    we make sure we get the information when we need it? Saul, have/will
    you talk to him?

    Ariel

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601