Supernova(?) in Adam's field

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 16:34:21 PST

    The software is still slowly coming along, so you all can't run it yet,
    but soon.

    Meanwhile, I thought I'd share this one thing I found. (See attached
    screenshot). I haven't yet identified this as one of Adam's, but it is
    possible that I've got a bug with my coordinate solution. (We'll know
    once I really do find Adam's again.)

    This is one we would probably not have found from the ground. If we
    did, we would have interpreted it as an AGN, as it would have been right
    on core. The HST image shows it 0.2" off core, though, and clearly a SN
    near the core of a spiral galaxy.

    If there are lots of these, then no surprise that there are lots of
    extinguished supernovae. Given that this is in the core of a spiral,
    it's probably more likely a II than a Ia.

    sn.png