UPdate on earlier today conversations with Saul/Rob/Adam

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 13:43:42 PST

    Just to update you with what was going on with a discussion that
    Saul/Adam/I had earlier today.

    The whole orient thing constrains the search a lot. For the latter
    days, if we want the thing to be oriented to an integer multiple of 45
    degrees (so that it is well aligned with a GOODS field from last year),
    there are only specific days that we can be on. The very last search
    (which is in this "must be constrained" period) will then almost
    dicatate when the rest of the search is.

    Result: the first search will probably *have* to be at the beginning of
    March. This means we will probably not need to work around the
    blackout, so we can do "what we want".

    We *might* also be scrunching the searches so that *some* of them are 6
    weeks rather than 7 weeks apart; we don't know.

    We should take all of this into account with RPS2 modifications. In any
    event, we should probably just not worry about blackouts, and not worry
    about when the next search is. (We'll get that extra point when we get
    it, whether it's 6 weeks or 7 weeks later.)