Re: Optimization of observations for the HST search

From: VAFadeyev@lbl.gov
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 15:20:07 PDT

    Hi,

    it seems that we may want to implement
    a "prompt reduction" scheme during the search.
    I.e. try to continuously follow and update
    the preliminary lightcurve as soon as the data
    are available.

    For the budget of orbits and the final accuracy,
    it is important to know whether a supernova was
    caught on the rise and whether we want to improve
    the stretch accuracy by adding more late-time
    observation.

    Perhaps this was realized before, but I thought
    to mention this anyway.

    Cheers,
    vitaliy