Re: Optimization of observations for the HST search

From: VAFadeyev@lbl.gov
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 15:06:23 PDT

    Hi Saul and Rachel,

    the questions are good. We'll need to run
    some more simulations (very doable) to answer
    them.

    As Rachel pointed out, the results are based
    on her S/N curves. Those would need to be
    extended to the "negative" times a bit to
    answer the 2nd question. The curve for z=1.5
    would need to be generated.

    Rachel, if it is easy for you to do, I think
    I would prefer to have the S/N table PER ORBIT
    on a given day of the lightcurve. That would
    remove most of the approximations in the orbit
    counts.

    I will come to work for a few hour tomorrow
    afternoon. If the tables are ready, then
    the simulations will be done. In any case
    will make a description of my scripts which
    run on top of Rob's software, so that other
    people could run it easily.

    Cheers,
    vitaliy