Evolution Paper

From: Gabriele Garavini (garavini@in2p3.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 06:34:05 PST

    Dear Tony, Dear Gaston, Dear All,

    I've prepared a new draft of the evolution paper. Please find it at:
    http://supernovae.in2p3.fr/~garavini/papers/

    I've implemented the changes we discussed about at the phone meeting
    before Xmas. The main change is the introduction of sections 3.2 and 3.2.1
    for describing the measurements technique and the possible systematic
    effects in high z SNe.

    Minor changes have also been done to the introduction (deleted paragraphs
    about low-redshift SN classification) and to the conclusion (added last
    paragraphs about lack of under luminous SN in our data set.)
    In all the plot High redshift SN are now indicated with filled symbols.

    I would like to know if this new draft clarifies the EW measurements
    issues and if we can consider this draft as the pre-submission one.

    Gaston would you please tell me which is the average wavelength span of
    the region around the maxima for the fit of the continuum in the case of
    low and high signal to noise spectra? In section 3.2.1 I put respectively
    20-30A and 10A with some question marks. This is the last details I
    think we need to put in.

    Cheers
    Gabriele