Re: U-B color alert, feedback solicitation

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 10:49:34 PST

    Thanks Rob,
    you see, my fealing is that lightcurves are a bit like wine, only
    getting better with time. After 18 months they should be OK to use.
    I'll run the LC + cosmo fits using Serena's new spectral template/colors
    and let you know what it looks like - amen.
    Cheers,
         Ariel

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Robert A. Knop Jr. wrote:

    > On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 03:50:53PM +0100, Ariel Goobar wrote:
    > > As for your comment on the impact on the
    > > precission of Knop et al results I think it what would be very
    > > useful is if Rob makes available the observed lightcurves that
    > > went into K03 in SNMINUIT format so that we can try out what
    > > the more recent color estimates and K-corrections yield, in particular in
    > > connection with even higher redshift data-sets.
    >
    > They're still on the web page where they've been for the last 18 months:
    >
    > http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/scp/hst/
    >
    > -Rob

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601