Re: A further look at the Subaru SNe

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 05:43:51 PDT

    Dear Gerson,

    The results here include host galaxy components.
    http://www.ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tmorokuma/study/SN/lc/SCP/

    You can subtract the final ref. (the latest measurements)
    to get pure SN component (in 2arcsec aperture).

    We are comparing two independent methods. The errors here
    (the last two columns) are probably underestimated. Let us
    tell you our latest results when we reach reliable ones
    (in early next week?).

    Best regards,

    -Mamoru

    >> Dear Mamoru, Naoki and Chris,
    >Dear Mamoru and Naoki,
    > I have looked at the new data for SNe SuF02-060 and -065 which you
    >sent to Tony and others. I find that the first and last points must be
    >wrong.
    >The total difference betwen these points and peak is about 0.2 mags
    >while it should be over 3 mags. Hopefully you can correct this error.
    >The first data set Naoki sent me in march had the early (pre explosion)
    >point correct for these 2 SNe.
    > cheers Gerson

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy