Re: VLT time for period 72

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 00:20:13 PDT

    Dear Chris and all,

    It turns out that the results of Subaru proposal
    from Oct. will be opened from August 20, which
    is too late for the VLT deadline. So I asked Subaru
    office to get minimum information of the result
    of our proposal in advance to the 19th.
    (So please keep the information inside SCP until
     the 20th.)

    We have 2 nights in fall, and 1 night in spring
    (all 3 nights are approved!).
    Also the SXDS observatory project has 4 nights
    for Suprime-Cam. We will talk people in SXDS, and
    will make our observational schedule robust against
    bad weather.

    So, we have enough telescope time to take final
    references of SuF02 SNe.

    Cheers,

    -Mamoru

    >Dear Mamoru,
    > I will need to finalize the target list by August 19th.
    >
    >Cheers, Chris.
    >
    >Mamoru Doi wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Chris,
    >>
    >> I am sorry for my long silence.
    >>
    >> I think 2002ks should be 2002kt if SuF information
    >> on your HP is correct.
    >> SuF02-019 SN2002kt 0.505
    >> SuF02-082 SN2002kx 0.623
    >>
    >> When do you have to make the final decision?
    >>
    >> Our proposal to request the final references (3hours exposure
    >> time in four SXDS fields) with Suprime-Cam is now being reviewed.
    >> We will know the result in early August.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> -Mamoru
    >>
    >> > We have an additional 10 hours of FORS2/VLT during period 72 to take
    >> >final reference
    >> >images of the Fall 2002 Subaru SNe that were imaged with the VLT. Last year
    >> >we imaged
    >> >2002ks and 2002kt with the VLT. See
    >> >
    >> >http://www.sc.eso.org/~clidman/FILE_LISTING_169.A-0382E
    >> >
    >> > I plan to spend about 2 hours on each SNe. This will leave us with a bit
    >> >of time to take
    >> >reference images on older SNe. Suggestions are welcome.
    >> >
    >> >Cheers, Chris.

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy
    School of Science