Re: 97aj

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 04:32:15 PST

    On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 08:54:14PM -0800, Alex Conley wrote:
    > This was one of the conclusions of the refitting that I did, which
    > admittedly was probably too boring for anybody but Rob to actually look at
    > in detail. There were three SNe in the 42 that displayed this behavior.
    > sn921, sn9794 (97aj) and one other which I don't recall off of the top of
    > my head. Possibly we (probably meaning me) should formalize this in some
    > critereon and reject these three objects. I haven't checked the HST ones
    > yet.

    You said sn94201 was the other, but I suspect you meant 94102.

    We can dodge the issue for 921 and 94102 if we make yet another
    criterion: throw out anything with *no* color measurement. That means
    getting rid of basically the entire "first 7", as well as 976. I don't
    think that will greatly increase our statistical error bars, however.

    What do people think of using that as a criterion for even the
    non-E(B-V)-corrected fits? The justification is that without that, we
    really do have evidence that exactly the set used has no average E(B-V)
    relative to the low-z set.