Re: "too blue" supernovae

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 04:14:53 PST

    On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:46:39AM +0100, Ariel Goobar wrote:
    > I was hoping that you uberspectrum would aliviate the problem, but
    > it doesn't look that way.

    My uberspectrum had very little to do with it -- all I did was subtract
    Riess' mb and mv and compare it to the expected B-V, which the
    Uberspectrum doesn't change.

    For the uberspectrum to make a difference, I'd have to refit and
    re-K-correct their lightcurves, which would also mean knowing all their
    filters (which by and large weren't just plain R band). I'm not
    planning to do all that for this paper.