Re: "too blue" supernovae

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 04:29:30 PST

    Ok, now I understand what you did - and did not. What we could do
    very quicky is estimate the change in K-corrections for Cousins' R & I
    for the listed redshifts with your ubersspectrum. We can then (hopefully)
    show that "bias" is sufficient to account for the effect in the
    Leibundgut paper.
    Cheers,
             Ariel

    On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Robert A. Knop Jr. wrote:

    > On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:46:39AM +0100, Ariel Goobar wrote:
    > > I was hoping that you uberspectrum would aliviate the problem, but
    > > it doesn't look that way.
    >
    > My uberspectrum had very little to do with it -- all I did was subtract
    > Riess' mb and mv and compare it to the expected B-V, which the
    > Uberspectrum doesn't change.
    >
    > For the uberspectrum to make a difference, I'd have to refit and
    > re-K-correct their lightcurves, which would also mean knowing all their
    > filters (which by and large weren't just plain R band). I'm not
    > planning to do all that for this paper.
    >
    > -Rob

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601