-081 at z=0.85?

From: Gaston Folatelli (gaston@physto.se)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 06:09:59 PST

    We have tried the infrared technique for sky subtraction on SuF02_081 but
    our result is not any better than what we've got yesterday. We probably
    ought to refine our implementation.
    Looking at the spectrum we notice that, under the hypothesis that the
    galaxy line is [OIII] 5007, the redshift would be 0.85 -which makes more
    sense if we consider the discovery magnitude of this object- and the match
    to a SN+galaxy wouldn't be worse than that at z=1.48. The prominent
    feature we see at 7450 would land on 4000AA restframe, where a Ia at max
    would peak. The other dips that are less noticiable are in agreement with
    that redshift.

    Gastón