We do have an additional >6 hours of FORS2 spectroscopy time left]

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 10:21:04 PDT

Note that this 6 hours and 20 minutes of FORS2 spectroscopy time is in
addition to the 7 hours of FORS2 time for imaging.

If we can do it, our *highest* priority is still S02-075 (which is being
followed by HST). Then we could try to get spectra of a few more of
the best candidates from CFHT. We might consider then following them
(if the spectrum looks interesting) the next day with FORS2
imaging. The main issue here would be whether this imaging time
needs to be saved for getting a deep final point later in the light
curve.

attached mail follows:

Hi Saul,
  You are not too far of the mark. All the FORS1 time was used. By my
calculation, we still have 6 hours and 20 minutes of FORS2 time left
for spectroscopy.

   The weather on Paranal is still very poor. This has been one of the
poorest months we have had in a long time.