Re: ISAAC time

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 04:06:38 PDT

> - Do we have such SNe?
> - Will the ground based light curves be good enough (ie S/N > 20) to make the
> IR observations worth while.

I think the answer to this one is yes. I will try to get you a
definitive answer later. Do we have any FORS imaging time? (If memory
serves, not until very late in the lightcurve.)

How soon do we need to make this decision? It may take me antoher day
or two to get the May 17 WIYN points on the lightcurves.

> ii) Observe z=0.912 SNe. In very good seeing, we may be able to get
> good enough S/N. I am Paranal at the moment and I do not have access
> to my notes in Santiago. Could someone provide me with the J band
> magnitude at maximum light for a z=0.9 supernovae

If the magnitude is right, and we haven't yet observed our HST z=0.9
from May in IR, then I would say that this is probably the better use.

-Rob