ISAAC time

From: clidman (clidman@eso.org)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 00:48:28 PDT

    Dear Colleagues,
       We still have a number of ISAAC hours under our disposal. It would seem
    to me that we could do one of three things.

    i) Observe at least 2 and perhaps 3 z=0.5 SNe.

    - Do we have such SNe?
    - Will the ground based light curves be good enough (ie S/N > 20) to make the
    IR observations worth while.

    ii) Observe z=0.912 SNe. In very good seeing, we may be able to get good enough
    S/N. I am Paranal at the moment and I do not have access to my notes in Santiago.
    Could someone provide me with the J band magnitude at maximum light for a
    z=0.9 supernovae

    iii) Get a deeper reference image for Beethoven

    Of the three, i and ii may be the most productive things to do scientifically.

    Cheers, Chris.