Re: S02-064

From: Andy Howell (DAHowell@lbl.gov)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 19:50:54 PDT

    Isobel Hook wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >As another opinion, I dont know if you've seen Lifan's fits for this one?
    >He has put them on http://panisse.lbl.gov/~lifan/HiZ/May/
    >From that it looks like he gets a best match of 90N at -7 days, z=0.56.

    Lifan's fit is to the old version of the data which doesn't have as good
    of a flat fielding.
    In the one he is using there is a peak at 5500 A, while there is not in
    the newer version.
    This makes a big difference in the fit. There are also some differences
    in the red between
    the two reductions. I don't like any of my fits redward of 8500A.

    You can also see the tiles there and judge for yourself whether there is
    light in the
    reference. The SN's magnitude is consistent with either a premax Ia at
    z=0.57 or a
    postmax Ib/c at 0.33.

    You can see Lifan's fits and mine at the spectroscopy web page:
    http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/data/spec/

    I have also put up T02-037, T02-015, and C02-030. I agree with the
    consensus that
    T02-015 looks like a Ia at z=0.9.

    Lifan if you will fix the links on your page to your fits (a couple link
    to the wrong things),
    then I will download these and put them on the spectroscopy web page too.

    If anybody else has any comments, send them and I will add them.

    -Andy