Re: S02-064

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 00:35:17 PDT

    Dear Chris et al,
    reading Andy's mail it sounds like T02-037 is the better choice for
    ISAAC follow-up. With a rest-frame epoch of -7 it should be about
    22.85 in J and become almost ~0.2 mag brighter within the coming week.
    Rob: can the dating be confirmed with the TNG data points?
    Ariel

    On Mon, 13 May 2002 DAHowell@lbl.gov wrote:

    > Actually, I would guess that S02-064 is past maximum. It may even be a
    > Ib/c -- it looks a lot like SN 1994 I at +11d at z=0.33. I interpret
    > the comments in SN Trak to mean that there is light in the reference,
    > so that is a possibility. I have added many postmax templates to my
    > program to check this and it is running now.
    >
    > I agree with Isobel that T02-037 is a Ia at z=0.49. My program gives a
    > best fit to SN 1990N at -7d at that redshift.
    >
    > C02-027 doesn't look like much of anything. I don't see any obvious SN
    > signal in the infamous LINER spectrum of C02-031 either.
    >
    > -Andy

    Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
    FYSIKUM, Stockholm University
    Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy & Biotechnology
    tel: +46 8 55378659