Re: VLT

From: clidman@eso.org
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 08:05:36 PDT

    Hi Rob,
      Welcome to the AGN zoo!

      It could also be a starburst galaxy. Without [OII], I cannot tell.. If it is a starburst
    galaxy, then it should not be variable. If it is a LINER, then it is a AGN, and I would
    guess that some variablity should be expected.

        For more, see D. Osterbrock, ApJ, 404, 551. A quote from this paper reads" ... the objects
    called LINERs form a very mixed bag".

        The VLT has just observed C02-030. There is an emission line at 6700 Angstroms. It is not
    yet clear if it is [OII] or [OIII].

    Cheers, Chris.