[Fwd: Update on Guide Stars for potential HST candidates]

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 13:39:30 PDT

    From Val Prasad - a new postdoc who has just joined the LBL SCP group.
    -Tony

    attached mail follows:

    Hi,

            The updated Guide Starinformation is found in :

            http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/sched.txt

            As you see, two of the prime HST candidates, S02-060 and S02-070, do not have
    Guide Stars for all potential HST visits.

            I have tried playing with target position with respect to the aperture centre
    (POS TARG) and the aperture positions for several hours now but in vain. I
    have also written to Ray Lucas to ask if there are any faint guide stars close
    to these two candidates and will let you know if I hear anything from him.

            For easy reference, I have copied the RPS2 files to the following directory
    on europa.lbl.gov : /home/europa1/hst_tools/ngssrps2/SEARCH2002b/*/....

            Cheers,

                    Val