status of SDF analysis

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 05:13:20 PDT

    Hi Saul,

    We briefly report our status of SDF candidates.
    Naoki made a candidate list, and is going to put
    zero points.

    At this point there are some candidates, which
    we will report details later.

    What we learned was that SDF images takin in May
    have bad seeing (~1.0arcsec), and we may not go
    as deep as in SDFw where we have much better
    seeing (0.5-0.6arcsec), even though exposure time
    is about double in SDF.

    Naoki found one good candidate but not as good
    as the best ones in SDFw. Also there
    seem to be good candidates not as many as in SDFw.

    In any case we will make a list and also make a
    comparison tomorrow morning in Japan.

    We will send the information in SDF candidates
    after we get the final approve for sending to LBL
    by the Subaru director.

    -Mamoru and Naoki

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy