Re: CTIO / CFHT cross-telescope candidate status

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 04:11:41 PDT

    > If we really searched the same fields and found six (five) different
    > candidates with no overlap, that's concerning. Can you check with Rob
    > to figure out exactly what's going on. Are the overlaps the same?
    > Upon cursory inspection of the RA and Decs for each they do seem to be
    > in the same area of sky. Also, there is no clear offset in between
    > the two sets of RA and Decs, so I don't think this discrepancy is
    > [solely] due to some astrometric error.

    It is worrisome.

    The RA and Dec of C02-016 (which we did find) was offset by about 6"
    from the RA and Dec that was in SNTrak (from Julian and Seb). There's
    that difference.

    It's possible that all of the candidates we have saved are junk; what
    would worry me is if we didn't find the other ones. I will look into it
    once I get into lab today.

    -Rob