Re: CTIO / CFHT cross-telescope candidate status

From: Michael Wood-Vasey (wmwood-vasey@lbl.gov)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 04:07:39 PDT

    On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:13:23PM +0200, raux@in2p3.fr wrote:
    > We instead found new ones! see "latest detections" in
    > http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~sne/

    "Bizare20" and "comix" are the same object.

    I liked Prolix, agecanonix, and amerix, but not Bizare20/comix.

    Troudux also seemed concerning. The very depressed point in the light
    curve doesn't bode well.

    If we really searched the same fields and found six (five) different
    candidates with no overlap, that's concerning. Can you check with Rob
    to figure out exactly what's going on. Are the overlaps the same?
    Upon cursory inspection of the RA and Decs for each they do seem to be
    in the same area of sky. Also, there is no clear offset in between
    the two sets of RA and Decs, so I don't think this discrepancy is
    [solely] due to some astrometric error.

     - Michael