Re: Cross-telescope CFHT candidates

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 13:59:54 PDT

    > Can you get rid of the junk names, or at least start them at 100? We
    > are repeating names from last year. For example we have a real SN named
    > junk 15 from last year (see the spectroscopy web page), and below I see
    > we have a new candidate also named junk 15. This is very confusing.

    I've removed the "junk" names less than 30 from what will be used from
    now on.

    The difference is that last year there was no leading 0... so "junk015"
    is different from "junk15". Hopefully the former will not turn out to
    be real, so it won't be an issue. Future "junk" names that get saved
    will be clearly different from last year, where we only reached junk27.

    -Rob