Lifan's also thinking early SN, but 91T-like...[Fwd: [Fwd: C02-016 - aka VotezChirax]]

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 10:02:24 PDT

    Here's what Lifan's program fit. I guess the main interesting thing
    here is that it independently found the same redshift (for a 91T-like SN
    Ia about a week before max) as the redshift of the OII line that Chris
    reported a hint of. Have a look particularly at the last of the three
    spectrum links that Lifan's email points to.

    Peter had recently convinced us that 91T's don't necessarily have lots
    of extinction -- but I guess it doesn't mean that this one couldn't have
    extinction. Lifan, did your fit also give a best-fit extinction? (Of
    course, this may be off, because it depends on what extinction is
    attributed to the 91T template.)

    attached mail follows:

    Hi,

       SNmatch showed it to be a 91T a week before max, at z = 0.3-0.31. A
    bluer spectrum would help a lot.

        http://supernova.lbl.gov/~lifan/HiZ/C02_016_4300_9500_10.ps
        http://supernova.lbl.gov/~lifan/HiZ/C02_016_4300_9500_100.ps

         A more unconstrained fit gives the sinilar redshifts:
        http://supernova.lbl.gov/~lifan/HiZ/C02_016_4200_7000_20.ps

    Cheers,

    Lifan